The Princeton Public Library has a wealth of information for the local history or genealogy researcher looking for information on Princeton, Gibson County, and the surrounding area.
Resources available either in hard copy or microfilm include:
- Indexes of Birth records 1882-1930, Delayed birth records.
- Indexes to Marriage records 1850-1978, Marriage records/applications 1813-1978
- Indexes to Death records 1882-present,
- Indexes to Wills and Wills 1813-1981
- Indexes to Estate Records 1868-2012
- Indexes and Obituaries 1846-1868, 1921-1936, 1940, 1957-2018
- Indexes to cemetery records
- Indexes to court records
- Probate books 1813-1922
- Deed books 1813-1885
- Civil Order cases 1820-1934
- Divorce records 1920-193
- Duplicate Tax records 1849-1934
- Naturalization records 1828-1857
- Register of negroes and mulattoes 1851
- Princeton Newspapers back to 1846
- White River News beginning in 1907
- Over 17,000 area photographs donated to the library from local photography studios, Gibson County Historical Society, and citizens
- A collection of the High School Annuals: Fort Branch, Francisco, Hazleton, Mt. Olympus, Oakland City, Owensville, Patoka, Princeton, (yearbooks)
- Potter & Brumfield newsletter, Relay Tor 1952-1984 incomplete run
- City directories beginning with 1902 to 2012 incomplete run
- Vertical file information on Gibson County and Princeton
- Numerous scrapbooks of various organization of Gibson County
- Family histories
Court Records Index
The Library has put together a searchable partial index of available court records in microfilm, and paper copies at the Library. These records are from 1920 through 1970’s.
The index is now available HERE.
The Princeton Public Library digitized collection of books and photographs can be found on the internet through Indiana Memory. This includes plat books, marriage application books, and school photographs.
Want to Help Us Out?
We have lots of photos we need help identifying! Click on the link below to view our Mystery Pictures.
Research Fees and Guidelines
- Search of indexed source for one name will be $5.00. This fee will include up to 10 photocopied pages plus postage and handling fee of $1.50. If the photocopied pages exceed 10 pages each additional page will be $.15 per page.
- The staff will only search newspaper records when given a specific date. The staff will search three days on either side of the date. The fee will be $10.00 and will include up to 10 copies plus postage and handling fee of $1.50. If the photocopied pages exceed 10 pages each additional page will be $.15 per page.
- If no indexed source is stated nor a specific date given, the staff will do limited research for $10.00 an hour. Cost of each photocopy will be $.15 per page. If postage exceeds $1.50, the person will be invoiced the difference. The person can state the maximum amount they will be willing to pay and the Library will not exceed this amount.
- No payment will be taken in advance of the research. The Library will send an itemized bill and payment is required before the research is sent. Payment must be by check or money order.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
A digital library that enables access to Indiana’s unique cultural and historical heritage through a variety of digital formats and free distribution over the Internet. Includes some of the Princeton Public Library’s collection.
A database search tool that enables researchers to access a variety of public records documenting people and events in Evansville, Indiana, and surrounding counties in Southwestern Indiana, Southeastern Illinois, and Western Kentucky.